We’re based in Waltham, MA and are always looking for talent to help us revolutionize the digital coupon industry. We’d be happy to keep your resume on file. Please email email@example.com
Current job openings:
- Customer Service Representative
- Software Engineer – Ruby
- Software Engineer – Backend
- Client Services Manager
To succeed in this role, you must want to be part of a start-up team. The work is fast paced, frustrating, exhilarating, ever changing and very rewarding. We are looking for a great communicator who is smart, tech savvy and who can help us bring our vision of the next generation of coupons to life. The job will require you to take on a broad array of roles, including:
- Respond to customer service emails, calls and Facebook posts
- Manage the customer service queue to ensure compliance with SavingStar’s stated service levels
- Research customer issues and escalate to management as necessary
- Identify process improvements, and work with product team to implement
- Identify product enhancements based on customer feedback
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Solid relationship management skills
- Prior customer service experience a plus, especially in 3rd party services to the grocery industry
- Ability to remain calm, courteous and professional even when faced with angry or impatient customers
- Comfortable with web applications & social media
- Very diligent on workflow & time management and have a strong eye for detail
- HTML, Powerpoint, Excel & Photoshop skills a plus but not required
- Desire to grow up with the company and expand into other roles
- This role is based in our Waltham, MA office
SavingStar is seeking a mid to senior level Software Engineer to help us transition the world away from paper based coupons to the digital couponing future. If scaling a service to millions of users sounds like fun and you enjoy a fast-paced, flexible environment with challenges to spare, this is the job for you. This position involves working on various Ruby on Rails applications, including the Savingstar.com website, our partner API, and other smaller applications written in Ruby.
Skills and Requirements:
- Solid grasp of computer science fundamentals
- Experience building web applications at scale (Ruby/Ruby On Rails preferred)
- Capable of “full stack” design and development, from the database, to the view, and everything in between
- Comfortable working in a Unix based environment (Mac OSX and Linux)
- Participate in the full software development life cycle, from requirements to development to production support and troubleshooting
- Able to work in a fast-paced, agile, startup environment
Nice To Have:
- Hands on experience with git
- TDD and/or BDD with rspec and/or cucumber
- Experience with “NoSQL” databases (MongoDB a plus)
SavingStar is seeking a mid to senior level Software Engineer to help us transition the world away from paper based coupons to the digital couponing future. If scaling a service to millions of users sounds like fun and you enjoy a fast-paced, flexible environment with challenges to spare, this is the job for you. This position is primarily in the backend working on web services, batch processes and partner integrations. We are porting most of our java applications to Scala-based RESTful services; this is a great opportunity for Java engineers who have an interest in learning Scala.
- Design and implement Java and Scala-based software solutions: web applications/services and stand-alone applications
- Design database schemas and analyze/tune database queries
- Production support and troubleshooting
- Deep knowledge of core Java and JEE APIs
- Deep knowledge of SQL and relational databases, Oracle a plus
- Experience with the following Java frameworks: Spring, Maven, Hibernate, JUnit/TestNG
- Experience with RESTful APIs
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Scala or Ruby (or an interest in learning) a plus
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB a plus
- Experience with message driven architectures a plus
- Experience with batch processing a plus
SavingStar is looking for a Client Services Manager to help support our sales team. To succeed in this role, you must want to be a part of a start-up environment. The work is fast paced, exciting, frustrating and ever changing. You must be a tech savvy, self-starter who wants to help us bring our vision to life. This job will have a variety of roles and will bring something new each day. You must love to delight customers and co-workers and to do whatever it takes to solve a problem. You must have an entrepreneurial spirit and be seeking an opportunity to take on challenges and to grow within an organization.
- Work directly with sales team and clients during the sales cycle to close sales, execute programs and report on results.
- Handle incoming questions and requests from existing and new clients.
- Compile client reports and presentations in a timely and accurate manner.
- Write new program insertion orders and maintain document records.
- Facilitate program asset collection, client communication and offer publication with complete accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proactively communicate with clients regarding upcoming promotions, budgets, receivables and all other program details.
- Research and solve any client issues efficiently and effectively.
- Develop and distribute internal sales and marketing materials.
- Manage multiple and shifting priorities while maintaining control of many projects and requests.
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Strong written and oral communication capabilities
- Detail oriented and diligent on workflow management
- Capable of managing shifting priorities and multitasking
- Ability to remain calm and courteous when faced with upset clients or frustrating requests
- Comfortable with web applications and social media
Nice to Have:
- 1+ years experience working directly with clients or sales organization
- Photoshop, HTML
- Prior experience with grocery, coupon or marketing services