One of the hottest startups in Metrowest Boston, SavingStar is leading innovation for the grocery industry by changing how top supermarket brands do business. We enable the largest CPGs (consumer packaged goods companies) to target, measure, personalize and optimize promotions like never before. Our unique technology encompasses the biggest digital distribution network in the US and helps companies like Kellogg’s, Frito-Lay, and more run cutting-edge mobile promotions and loyalty programs. SavingStar has over 7 million members, powers white-label programs for large consumer savings services like Plenti by American Express, and delivers industry leading shopper insights to our partners.
Life at SavingStar is fast-paced and fun, and comes with all the perks you’d expect at a great tech startup. We offer competitive benefits, unlimited vacation, flexible work hours, a relaxed office space, and the ability to work from home. You’ll often find us enjoying a beer from our kegerator, a snack from our company stash, or game of ping-pong or pool. We have frequent group outings, bake-off contests, BBQs, and yearly holiday festivities. Come join us! We’re conveniently located right off 128 at exit 27A in Waltham.
Please email email@example.com
Current job openings:
- Client Account Manager / Associate Account Manager
- Customer Service Representative
- Senior QA Engineer
Client Account Manager / Associate Account Manager
We are seeking passionate and entrepreneurial client management professionals to join our client Account Management team. In this true jack-of-all-trades role, you will have the opportunity to team up with our CPG clients, Sales Directors, and Development and Marketing teams to drive our success.
- Partner closely with Sales Directors on client proposals, sales presentations, and program strategy recommendations, to help ensure client and Sales success.
- Coordinate with clients and Sales on program campaign insertion orders, creative assets, schedules, reporting, and the occasional issues when they arise, to keep programs on track and on schedule.
- Collaborate with all internal teams on general client initiatives, as well as internal team projects.
- Be an internal product and process expert, to inform clients and Sales on what can be done – and, more importantly, what should be done.
Our ideal AM or AAM candidates will have 3-7 years’ experience in a client/Sales-facing role as part of a marketing, digital, SaaS, agency, or similar, organization. Excellent communication skills, incredible attention to both written and reporting detail, and the desire to work proactively/independently equally as much as part of a collaborative team, are a must.
Preferred Skill Sets / Qualities:
- Highly motivated to drive initiatives forward in an evolving, small-business environment.
- Ability to multi-task, managing multiple clients and various initiatives at the same time.
- Strength in balancing technical/data with strategic/creative thinking.
- Flexibility to adjust to changing client/Sales/internal needs on a day-to-day, or hour-to-hour, basis.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to speak your opinion and present your amazing ideas.
- Experience with digital marketing/advertising/CRM reporting and program strategy.
- Always assertive, curious, and thoughtful.
Please note: While these positions are directly aligned with our Sales efforts, these are not Sales positions.
We are looking for a great communicator who is smart, tech savvy and who can help us bring our vision of digital grocery promotions to life. The job will require you to take on a broad array of roles, including:
- Respond to customer service emails, calls and Facebook posts
- Manage the customer service queue to ensure compliance with SavingStar’s stated service levels
- Research customer issues and escalate to management as necessary
- Identify process improvements, and work with product team to implement
- Identify product enhancements based on customer feedback
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Solid relationship management skills
- Prior customer service experience a plus, especially in 3rd party services to the grocery industry
- Ability to remain calm, courteous and professional even when faced with angry or impatient customers
- Comfortable with web applications & social media
- Very diligent on workflow & time management and have a strong eye for detail
- HTML, Powerpoint, Excel & Photoshop skills a plus but not required
- Desire to grow up with the company and expand into other roles
- This role is based in our Waltham, MA office
- Develop functional expertise in all areas of the product.
- Create and maintain automation tests that will enable better user and partner experience.
- Work to minimize repetitive manual testing by identifying high ROI-test cases and automating them to create value.
- Manage multiple priorities and tasks in a dynamic, agile work environment.
- Help ensure functionality delivered is adequately tested and passes exit criteria.
- Contribute to test data creation, loading and performance testing activities.
- Design, write and implement test cases using Java, TestNG, JDBC and SQL queries.
- Implement tests against REST APIs using Java-based tools.
- Parse logs on LINUX for troubleshooting and document test cases and bugs in Jira.
- Run automated testing using Jenkins.
- Collaborate with team members using Agile processes and source control systems.
REQUIRED SKILL SETS / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field or foreign equivalent; plus minimum five (5) years of Quality Assurance (QA) or Test Automation experience.
- Experience with the following is required: Java; TestNG; JDBC; SQL queries; REST APIs; LINUX; Jira; GIT; Jenkins; and Agile methodologies.
Any applicant who is interested in this position may apply to the following individual:
John Valentine, CFO, SavingStar, Inc., 400 Totten Pond Road, Suite 300, Waltham, MA 02451.
back to top