Lucky Leaf features nearly 250 fantastic recipes on its website at http://www.luckyleaf.com/Recipes/Search. Through 11/12, you can save $1.00 when you buy 2 cans of Lucky Leaf® Pie Filling (activate the offer here) so find a recipe you’d like to make! Here are 4 top picks!
Blueberry Crisp with Coconut Streusel Topping
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
1 pint fresh blueberries
1 /1/2 Tbsp. tapioca
1/2 tsp. ground coriander seed
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
Sugar to taste
2 Tbsp. salted butter
Coconut Streusel Topping Ingredients
1/2 cup basic crisp streusel topping (see link below)
1/4 cup sweetened coconut
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash and drain blueberries and pick through discarding any un-ripe or crushed berries and removing any stems.
- If you can, process tapioca in a mini food processor to make a powder. This is optional but produces a smoother result.
- Taste berries to determine sweetness and add 1 – 2 tablespoons of sugar to filling according to your taste.
- In a medium bowl, combine all filling ingredients except butter.
- Distribute filling between two 1-cup baking/souffle dishes. (I have a particular fondness for Emile Henry bakeware because it’s so durable.)
- Embed 1 tablespoon of butter in each dish of berries.
- . I like to pulse the coconut two or three times in my mini food processor, but that’s not required.
- Combine topping mix with coconut and divide evenly over berries.
- Bake in center of oven until berries are bubbling and topping is brown, about 25 minutes.
Granola Apple Crisp Recipe
Prep: 20 min.
Cook: 5 hours
MAKES: 6-8 servings
8 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
1/4 cup lemon juice
1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
2-1/2 cups granola with fruit and nuts
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, toss the apples, lemon juice and peel. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the granola, sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples. Drizzle with butter.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until the apples are tender. Serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Apple Crisp – Perfect and Easy
2 1/2 cups apples – peeled, cored, and sliced
1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Arrange apple slices evenly in prepared baking dish. Sift flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl. Cut in butter using a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal; sprinkle over apples.
- Bake in preheated oven until topping is golden, 40 to 45 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.
2 cans (21 oz.) LUCKY LEAF Cherry Pie Filling
½ cup butter, softened
1 ½ cup quick oats
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place two cans of pie filling in bottom of 9” x 13” pan. Blend softened butter, oatmeal, brown sugar and pecans until it is crumbly.
- Sprinkle all of mixture over top of the pie filling. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Do you have a favorite crisp recipe? Share it in the comments!