There is no doubt that weeknights are busy busy busy. Between school, work, and managing multiple schedules of sports practices or dance lessons, it can be tough to find time to pull together family-friendly weeknight recipes at home.
This is why we have compiled some of the best dinner recipes on the internet in our all new family-friendly recipes guide. Keep this bookmarked so you never have to think “What should we make for dinner tonight?” again.
1. Oh Sweet Basil - Cheesy Ham and Potato Bacon Casserole
This recipe from Oh Sweet Basil is warm, easy to make, and a great way to use up leftovers. Plus, if you’re vegetarian, you can easily add more veggies and skip the meat.
2. Vanderbilt Wife – Meatloaf Muffins, Two-Ways
Meatloaf is simple, affordable and endlessly versatile dish. Vanderbilt Wife helps you please a crowd by offering two versions that you can make in one meal. One is a cheesy recipe, the other is a tangy dijon-flavored meatloaf. With just a few tweaks during the prep, and by cooking the recipe in muffin tins, you can actually make both variations for the same meal please the whole family, no matter which version they like.
3. The Taylor House - Alphabet Chicken Noodle Soup
4. Freebies 4 Mom - Salmon With Rosemary, Olive Oil and Potatoes
This is a one-dish meal from Freebies 4 Mom is easy to throw together (takes just 15 minutes!) then bake. As you bake it, the olive oil is infusing rosemary into the salmon and potatoes – so you end up with a delicious salmon that you can’t stop eating. A true crowd-pleaser.
5. Taste & Tell - Easy Parmesan Pasta
This easy pasta recipe from Taste and Tell offers a way to make a delicious pasta meal with simple ingredients. Everyone is sure to love this.
6. Hello Newly Wed Life - Crockpot Meatball Subs Dinner
The slow-cooker is a great way to prepare food ahead of time so it’s ready when you come home after a long day. This Crockpot Meatball Subs recipe from Hello Newly Wed Life achieves exactly that.
7. Domestic Femme - Slow Cooker Chicken Dumplings
This easy recipe is a great way to prep a weeknight meal ahead of time. With just 7 simple ingredients you can create a warm, comforting chicken dumpling meal.
8. Hungry Peepor - 20-Minute Microwavable Tomato Pasta with Mozzarella
Did you know you can make pasta in the microwave? You sure can! Hungry Peepor’s easy recipe is a great way to make a cheesy, yummy pasta dish in just 20 minutes.
9. Ransoms and Bramble - Healthy, Quick, Cheap, Easy and Unbelievably Delicious Cauliflower Soup
Sneaky sneaky…. get your kids to eat vegetables with this creamy, slightly sweet and savory soup that takes just about 10 minutes to make.
10. My Sweet Greens - Vegan Spiral Pasta With Vegetables
This yummy pasta from My Sweet Greens is a great make-ahead meal and also an awesome way to tuck some vegetables into your family’s dinner.
11. Pandora’s Deals - Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
By using turkey instead beef you lower the fat content of this classic meal. Use this slow-cooker recipe from Pandora’s Deals to prep your chili ahead of time and enjoy it all week long.
12. A Day in Your Shoes - Cheesy Hashbrowned Side Dish
This easy side-dish from A Day In Your Shoes works for breakfast or dinner, and you can use it in place of scallop potatoes.
13. Culinary Cory - Hoisin Chicken Wings
Culinary Cory’s Hoisin Chicken Wings take just 10 minutes to prep. The hoisin and apricot jam has the right amount of sticky sweetness and the Chinese spices will fill your kitchen with amazing aromas.
14. Angie’s Kitchen - Kale Muffins With Kamut and Spelt
These muffins are soft, moist and comforting – not to mention sugar-free and wholegrain muffins. If you like to do “breakfast for dinner” – they are a delicious option and a great way to sneak vegetables into a family-friendly meal.
15. Talk of Tomatoes - Buttermilk Parmesan Chicken Tenders
These chicken tenders are kid-friendly and perfect for dipping with honey mustard or ketchup. Since they are oven-baked they are healthier than the fried stuff. Win, win!
16. Singer’s Kitchen - Fresh Goat Cheese, Apple, Prosciutto, Pecan Pizza with Balsamic Glaze
This sweet and savory pizza takes just 15 minutes to prep, and the combination of goat cheese, apple, prosciutto, pecans and balsamic glaze is way to try something other than the traditional pepperoni and mozzarella cheese.
17. Coupon Cutting Mom - Oreo Pudding Dessert Recipe
Who says dessert is just for birthday parties and weekends? Coupon Cutting Mom’s Oreo Pudding recipe is a great way to pull together a creamy and sweet treat in just a few minutes.
18. Nibbles and Feasts - Tacos De Carne Adobada
Try this easy recipe from Nibbles and Feasts for your family’s next “Taco Tuesday.” It’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
19. Celiac Chicks - Potato Soup
This dairy-free and gluten-free potato soup recipe from Celiac Chicks is simple to make and is perfect for a cold winter night.
20. Creative Cents - Family Dinner Paninis
These paninis from Creative Cents are warm, cheesy and sure to be loved by the whole family.
21. Bellalimento - Spicy Rosemary Spaghetti
It’s quick and easy to add some flair to your classic spaghetti dish with the spicy, rosemary flair in Bellalimento’s recipe.
22. Baked Bree - Caprese Chicken
Chicken doesn’t have to be boring! Baked Bree’s Caprese Chicken recipe combines just a few simple ingredients to dress up a dinner staple. Best part? It only takes about 20 minutes to pull this dinner together. Pair with some veggies or a side salad for a complete meal.
23. Daily Dish Recipes - Buffalo Chicken Sandwich Wraps
Here’s a fun and easy twist on a popular flavor combination. These wraps are great for a quick weeknight meal, but they are also great for school lunches, picnics and other events. Make the chicken ahead of time to save yourself more time on a busy weeknight.
24. Happy Herbivore – Hippie, Gluten-Free Meatloaf
Happy Herbivore offers a vegetarian take on a classic family meal by using beans, quinoa and tons of veggies to create a delicious vegetarian “meat” loaf.
25. Money Saving Mom – Best Ever Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Bars
This yummy treat is perfect to make on the weekend and keep in the refrigerator for dessert throughout the week. Nutrient-rich coconut-oil, oats and dark chocolate make it a clean-eating option for your family.
In the comments, tell us which recipe is your favorite.
Be sure to pin your favorites and see more easy weeknight dinners on our Pinterest board!